This article explains the step to set up and configure the Dynamic DNS for multiple network interfaces. Please follow the steps
- Login to 5centsCDN console.
- Go to SimpleDNS.
- Click the Manage button of your DNS.
- Create an A/AAAA record.
- Click the double arrow symbol nearest to the record.
- Click the Activate button.
- On the redirected page, you can see the Dynamic Record Update URL. Copy the URL from the dashboard. The URL looks like
- You can select which ethernet interface will be updating. If the interfaces are for example eth0 and eth1, you can set up Dynamic URL as follow:
curl –interface eth0 “Dynamic URL”
curl –interface eth1 “Dynamic URL”
where the Dynamic URL is the URL that you have copied.
- Open Terminal and type the command “$ crontab -e”. It will open your user’s crontab. If it asks you to choose between several text editors choose one (we suggest you use nano) and hit Enter. The crontab will open and you will be able to add a cron job.
- write a line as follow:
minute hour day-of-month month day-of-week command
for example if you want to run curl every 10 minutes use:
*/10 * * * * curl –interface eth1 “Dynamic URL” > /dev/null
- Save it with “CTRL+X”. Press the “Y” button on your keyboard and then Enter.