- Create a Pull Zone inside 5centsCDN dashboard before you start with the WordPress CDN integration.
To create an HTTP pull zone in the 5centsCDN console, Please follow the steps
- Login to 5centsCDN dashboard
- Go to Zones and select ” HTTP Pull”.
- Click the green plus button to create a new pull zone.
4. Provide the website address along with the port number in the option ” Your Origin Server Host Name” eg: https://yourdomain.com:80
5. You can set your custom CNAME that can be used to retrieve your content so that the request will be redirected to our CDN. To make this happen you need to contact your DNS provider and add the custom CNAME in the DNS record to redirect the same to our CDN.
6. Under Cache Settings, you can set the cache expiry period as required.
7. Origin IP Resolution configures your zone to use a different IP address for your origin server.
8. By setting the Bandwidth Limiter you can limit the speed based on the ‘Rate’ value after reaching a specified Bandwidth Limit.
9. Enable appropriate SSL option under SSL. If you are using CNAME, you can enable the Let’s Encrypt SSL option or Custom SSL.
10. Click on the Create Button.
The above steps are explained in the video
The pull zone created in the 5centsCDN console. The next step is to install and activate the plugin in your WordPress.
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
- Download and install the 5centsCDN plugin. You can refer to this KB for the installation.
How to install 5centsCDN WordPress Plugin?
- Go to the plugin selection and click the “Settings” option.
- On the redirected page, you need to enter the WP site URL and API key. You will get the API key from the 5centsCDN console. Press the “Connect CDN” option.
How to get Access Token or API Key?
- You can select the zone ID in the option “Pull Zone Name:” (example: pull-111).
- In the “CDN Resource:” field, you can select the Pull zone hostname. If you configured the CNAME in the console, It will also be listed here(This CNAME is used for accelerating the statics assets of your website)
- In Cache Settings, you can specify the Excluded Extensions and Included Directory details.
- Click Save settings and then Enable CDN option.
- Integration has been completed! We highly recommend you check the HTML code of your web page to ensure that URLs have been rewritten properly from your original ones to CNAME from the control panel.