The HINFO record allows you to define the hardware type and Operating System (OS) in use for a host. This information can be used by application protocols such as FTP, which uses special procedures when communicating with computers of a known CPU and OS type. For security reasons, these records are rarely used on public servers.
Follow the steps to create the record
- Login to your 5centsCDN control panel.
- Go to Traffic Director and click the Manage button of your Domain.
- Click the green plus button to create a new DNS record. The values are explained below.
- Type: HINFO
- Name: Specify the hostname
- TTL: Specify the TTL value
- CPU: Identifiable name of the CPU of the host. Can include digits, letters, hyphens, and forward slash.
- OS: Name of the Operating system of the host. Can include periods, digits, letters, hyphens, and forward slash.
- You can also add multiple values by clicking ADD ANOTHER VALUE button.
- Click the CREATE button.