OpenPGP public keys are used to encrypt or sign email messages and files. To encrypt an email message, or verify a sender’s OpenPGP signature, the email client Mail User Agent (MUA) or the email server Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) needs to locate the recipient’s OpenPGP public key.
The OpenPGPKEY record has the following look on your DNS zone management page:
How to create a DNS OPENPGPKEY record?
- Login to your 5centsCDN control panel.
- Go to SimpleDNS and click the Manage button of your Domain.
- Click the green plus button to create a new DNS record. The values are explained below.
- Type: OPENPGPKEY
- TTL: 1 hour
- Host: ghhdv3d5f4511c51c7e15a0d942e512da03d54543142._openpgpkey(*This hostname is used as an example)
- PGP Public Key Base 64 encoded string.
- Click the ADD button.